Thursday, March 9, 2023

Educational Blogging

Educational Blogging is a social media platform used for educational purposes. Educational blogs can be used for teaching concepts, discussing educational topics, or engaging students in conversation via technology. Educational blogs, also known as edublogs, can be used between educators or educators and students. When using a blog to teach, students are preparing themselves professionally for the future. Students are able to not only showcase their writing to their teachers, but also to their peers. When peers can discuss, debate, and relate to others on a blog post, this increases the engagement and learning of the topic. Educational blogs are becoming more and more popular with the increased use of technology in the classroom. 

Student taking notes while reading an educational blog.

After reading some of my peers blogs, I have learned many things from educational blogging. The first thing I learned about is the Whole Child Approach. The whole child approach ensures that children are healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. This approach also ensures that all children adopt a goal of long-term development that prepares them for the future. The second topic I learned about was the importance of school culture and climate. As educators, it is important to remember that no two schools' are the same and the culture and the climate of a school is dependent of those within the school community. Lastly, I learned a lot from a peer's blog post about leadership and administration in schools. I had never really thought about what exactly the admin in the building do. They are in charge of engaging the staff, students, and the entire school community. I believe this one sentence just goes to show how important the job of being a principal is. This one job is a direct impact on the school's culture and climate. 

I have never blogged until this class. At first, I thought it was kind of weird to be putting my "thoughts" online for people to see. I have read a few fashion blogs but up until this assignment, I had never even read an educational blog. However, I think educational blogging is a great way to communicate within your classroom, school, and even the education community. I feel blogs are extremely helpful between educators and are another great resource to use for teaching in the classroom. Blogs are another way to incorporate technology into the classroom and engage your students in a fun different way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Educational Blogging

Educational Blogging is a social media platform used for educational purposes. Educational blogs can be used for teaching concepts, discussi...